¼ cup / 52 grams Extra virgin olive oil
½ cup / 70 grams Onion, small dice
¼ cup / 38 grams Celery, small dice
¼ cup / 38 grams Carrot, small dice
2 cloves / 5 grams Garlic, minced
1 pound / 454 grams Mamu
1 Tablespoon / 18 grams Tomato paste
½ cup / 100 grams Red wine
1 28 oz. can / 794 grams Crushed tomatoes
1 Tablespoon / 2.5 grams Oregano, minced
¼ teaspoon / 1 grams Sugar
¼ teaspoon / .2 grams Chili Flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 pound / 454 grams Dry pasta
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Sweat onions, celery, and carrot until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add Mamu and break apart while browning.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Deglaze with red wine. Reduce until almost dry.
- Add crushed tomatoes, and oregano (chili flakes if using).
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with sugar, salt, and pepper as needed.
- Serve ladled over top of or tossed with pasta.