⩧ Yield: 4 Servings
1 pound / 454 grams Mamu
6 Tablespoons / 91 grams Plant-based cooking cream or heavy cream
1 teaspoon / 5 grams Salt
- Place Mamu into a food processor and process until it forms into a fine paste. Add cream and salt into the mixture. Process until homogenous.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a piping bag, not more than halfway full or it will be difficult to squeeze.
- Boil 4 quarts of salted water and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the piping bag tip to desired size of gnocchi. Pipe the mixture into boiling water by holding it at the edge of the pot and using a butter knife to cut gnocchi from the bag into the water. This should be done in batches to not overcrowd the pot. (OR: if making a larger batch, pipe logs of gnocchi mixture onto oiled parchment paper and cut into desired size. Then, place them in the boiling water.)
- Boil the gnocchi until it floats to the top and is firm and bouncy in texture.
- Remove cooked gnocchi from the pot with a slotted spoon or strainer into prepared pan. Cool in a single flat layer.
- Gnocchi is ready to use or store, refrigerated, for 3-5 days.