1 pound / 454 grams Mamu
½ cup / 45 grams Rolled oats
1 Tablespoon / 1.25 grams Basil, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon/ 3.75 grams Parsley, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon / 3 grams Oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon / 5 grams Salt
½ teaspoon / 1.17 grams Black pepper
2 Tablespoons / 26 grams Extra virgin olive oil
½ cup / 70 grams Yellow onion, small dice
1 cloves / 2.5 grams Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon / 18 grams Tomato paste
1/3 cup / 80 grams Red wine
1 28 oz. can / 794 grams Crushed tomatoes
1 Tablespoon / 1.4 grams Basil, fine chopped
½ teaspoon / 2 grams Sugar
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cooked polenta or Pasta to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/204°C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and shape into 12 1½ ounce (42 gram) meatballs. Place on prepared pan and roast in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C.
- Meanwhile, make the marinara sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Sweat onions until cooked through, avoid browning. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Deglaze with red wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release fond. Cook until wine is reduced and almost no liquid remains. Add crushed tomatoes and basil. Season to taste with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Place meatballs into marinara sauce and simmer on low heat, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve with cooked polenta or pasta.