Mamu Pad Krapow
½ cup / 110 grams Neutral oil
15 cloves/ 60 grams Garlic, minced
5 to 10 each, to taste/ 15 grams Thai chilies (birds’ eye), minced
3 each / 40 grams Fresno chili peppers, sliced
1½ cups / 200 grams Yellow onion, medium dice
3 Tablespoons / 60 grams Vegan oyster sauce
4 ½ Tablespoons / 81 grams Tamari
2 Tablespoons / 36 grams Vegan fish sauce
6 Tablespoons / 96 grams Water
1½ Tablespoons / 21 grams Sugar
- Make sauce. Mix together vegan oyster sauce, tamari, vegan fish sauce, water, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large saute pan on medium high heat, once the oil is hot, add garlic and be careful not to burn. Once garlic is beginning to brown, add Thai chilies and Fresno chili peppers. Add onions and long beans and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add in Mamu and begin breaking up into small, crumbled pieces. if necessary, splash in a little water to cool the pan and prevent aromatics from burning.
- Once Mamu is firm and lightly browned and vegetables are cooked, add the sauce mixture and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and reduced. Everything should look glazed in sauce.
- Turn off heat and add the Thai basil.
- Serve with Thai sticky rice, topped with crushed peanuts.